It’s that time of the year to tally up. Here are my stats according to GoodReads.
TOTAL BOOKS READ IN 2016 = 255
5 Adult; 11 YA; 6 MG; 2 CB/ER; 231 PB
Listed below are my favorite reads from this year. This list contains titles published in 2016 and past years.
ADULT: When Breath Becomes Air (Paul Kalanithi), Big Magic (Elizabeth Gilbert)
YA: The Sky is Everywhere (Jandy Nelson), The Sun is Also a Star (Nicola Yoon), The Game of Love and Death (Martha Brockenbrough), The Absolute True Diary of a Part-Time Indian (Sherman Alexie)
MG: Some Writer! The Story of E.B. White (Melissa Sweet), Hour of the Bees (Lindsay Eagar), Dear Mrs. Naidu (Mathangi Subramanian)
- Strictly No Elephants (Lisa Mantchev and Taeeun Yoo)
- Horrible Bear (Ame Dyckman and Zachariah O’Hora)
- Mother Bruce (Ryan T. Higgins)
- Nerdy Birdy (Aaron Reynolds and Matt Davies)
- Mirette on the High Wire (Emily Arnold McCully)
- Tiny Creatures: The World of Microbes (Nicola Davies and Emily Sutton)
- Ada’s Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay (Susan Hood and Sally Wern Comport)
- Diary of a Spider (Doreen Cronin and Harry Bliss)
- Are We There Yet? (Dan Santat)
- Poppy Pickle (Emma Yarlett)
- Maple (Lori Nichols)
- Pink is for Blobfish (Jess Keating and David DeGrand)
What were some of your favorite reads? I’m always looking for excellent titles for my 2017 to-read list.